We now have 3 dedicated first aid staff members at Kiltorcan.
At Kiltorcan Raceway, the safety and well-being of our staff and customers are paramount. To ensure that we're always prepared to respond to any unexpected situations, three of our full-time staff members recently took part in a comprehensive first aid training course. In this blog, we'll introduce you to these dedicated team members and highlight the essential first aid skills they've acquired, including how to treat breaks, use a defibrillator, address burns, and manage diabetes-related emergencies.
Meet Our First Aid Team:
Pamela, recognized the importance of being prepared for emergencies in the workplace. Her commitment to safety led her to enroll in the first aid training course. Now, she's ready to provide first aid support in case of an emergency.
Phil, understands the significance of maintaining a safe environment for our staff and visitors. His first aid training equips him with the skills to respond to various emergencies, ensuring that our facilities remain secure.
Calvin, decided to take the first aid training course to enhance his ability to assist customers in need. His new skills make him a valuable resource in the event of an emergency situation involving customers or colleagues.
Essential First Aid Skills:
1. Treating Breaks and Fractures:
- In the unfortunate event of a bone break or fracture, our trained staff members can provide crucial assistance. They have learned how to immobilize the injured area, provide support using splints or slings, and offer comfort until professional medical help arrives.
2. Using a Defibrillator:
- Our staff members are now proficient in using automated external defibrillators (AEDs). These life-saving devices can be vital in case of sudden cardiac arrests. Knowing how to operate them ensures that immediate action can be taken to increase a victim's chances of survival.
3. Addressing Burns:
- Burn injuries can range from minor to severe. Our trained staff members have learned to assess the extent of burns and provide appropriate care. Whether it's cooling a minor burn with cold water or applying the right first aid measures for more serious burns, our team is well-prepared.
4. Managing Diabetes-Related Emergencies:
- Our staff members have gained insights into recognizing and managing diabetes-related emergencies. They can assist a colleague or client experiencing hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) or hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), ensuring that necessary steps are taken to address these situations effectively.
The dedication of Pamela, Philip and Calvin to enhancing their first aid skills is a testament to their commitment to the safety and well-being of our staff and customers. Their newfound abilities to treat breaks, use a defibrillator, address burns, and manage diabetes-related emergencies make them valuable assets in maintaining a safe and secure environment at Kiltorcan Raceway. We are proud to have these first aid members on our team, ready to respond to any emergency and ensure the health and safety of everyone in our care.